ROCK FISH WITH PANKO AND CHEESE
- 4 Rock Fish Fillets *
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ozs Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 ozs Shredded Cheese - Blend of Swiss & Romano
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 ozs Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Dried Chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix Old Bay, salt, pepper, parsley and chives together.
2. Wash the fish fillets, pat dry with paper towels and coat with olive oil. Rub fillets with
seasoning mixture and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, blend butter with Panko bread crumbs and mix until the crumbs are
coated. Feel free to add more butter if needed or substitute olive oil for the butter.
Once the crumbs are coated, mix in the cheese and set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Use a skillet that you can place in the oven.
I like the old fashioned iron skillets. Add oil to skillet and fry seasoned fish on one side
for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Turn fish over, place Panko topping on fish and place
under the broiler until topping is golden brown and cheese is melted. You must keep an
eye on this while broiling or it may burn.
5. Pull from broiler, place on a plate and serve with Eagle Eye Sauvignon Blanc.
* Or use any fish you like.