STUFFED CHICKEN WITH BACON, PROSCIUTTO AND RED WINE SAUCE
- 2 Chicken Breast or Thigh
- 6 ozs Italian Sausage Hot or Mild
- 6 Slices Prosciutto Ham sliced thin
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 8 ozs Swiss Cheese Grated
- 8 ozs Mozzarella Cheese Grated - Combine cheeses
- 1 lb Brown Mushrooms - sliced and pan fry
- 4 ozs Eagle Eye Malbec or Merlot
- 2 ozs AlphaWOLF Olive Oil
- 8 ozs Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Blend spices together-use as a rub
1. Butterfly cut chicken breast or thigh and press flat with your hand.
2. Season the chicken with the spice rub.
3. Spread 2 oz. of the cheese mixture on 1/2 of the chicken, then spread raw sausage on top of the cheese, lay sliced cooked mushrooms on sausage and top with remaining cheese mixture.
4. Fold the half of chicken without the stuffing on top of the other half.
5. On cutting board or counter lay out flat 2 slices of bacon, then 3 slices of prosciutto, then 2 slices
of bacon overlapping slightly.
6. Place folded chicken in the center of the sliced meats and wrap bacon and prosciutto around the
stuffed chicken until it is entirely wrapped.
7. Add olive oil to an iron skillet or oven ready fry pan and heat.
8. Place wrapped chicken “seam side down” in fry pan and brown all sides.
9. Finish in 350 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, approximately 15 to 20
10. Remove chicken and wrap in foil to rest.
11. Add flour and oil to the juice in the pan in which the chicken was cooked. Stir over medium heat for
2 to 3 minutes to make a paste (roux). Add chicken stock, red wine and mushrooms. 12. Reduce sauce until you have a thin gravy consistency. Season to taste.
13. slice chicken into 1/2 inch slices and serve with sauce.
a) Use bread stuffing instead of sausage.
b) Use thinly sliced ham instead of prosciutto.
c) Ham or prosciutto and bacon can be salty. Add salt after you taste the finished dish.
d) If you use too much stuffing the chicken will fall apart and the flavors will not work together.
Serve with Eagle Eye Petit Verdot.